Thursday, March 16, 2006

Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority Info-web

Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority Info-web--This is a great way to access the schedules for our regional public-transit system. My friend Jay, a stockbroker up in Boston, tells me about all his wealthy "treehugger" friends in Cambridge divesting themselves of their cars and taking to the MTA and Shanks mare. Gloria and I are trying with increasing frequency to do the same here. This RTA Trip Planner takes away the angst of climbing on the bus, for me at least. In a bus, as in a car, I remain a man, unable to ask anybody for directions. My little secret is that I have my RTA Itinerary Detail to keep me from having to stoically ride the wrong buses forever.

If you support the ideas of sustainability and conservation, or just plain saving money, you need to give this RTA system a try. If you can, take a laptop. Increased usage of public transit and decreased air pollution may be good arguments for wi-fi around here for all, not just for the nonprofits and the government. Intel, are you listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment